Skip to main content

10 Bollywood Movies That Kill us with an Overdose of Romance


Hindi cinema is full of romance. In fact, hindi cinema IS romance. Love at first sight, dancing around the trees, relentless love of the lover for his beloved, saree-flaring in Switzerland’s snow-clad peaks, we perfect the art of producing overly-doverly romantic movies. We lovingly bring to you the list of 10 Bollywood movies with bucket-full of romance poured in them, enough to give us diabetes.

1.       Maine Pyaar Kia – Songs, costumes, acting, dialogues, everything in the movie in dipped in the ink of love. To top it all, the chocolate boy look of Salman Khan and innocent girly Bhagyashree makes our faith stronger in the concept of ‘love-breaks-all-boundaries’.

       Famous dialogue: Friendship mein, no thankyou, no sorry.




2.       Tere Naam – Because bhai. And also because bhai in his best role ever. Kthanksbye.

Famous dialogue: Sari duniya pyar mein padi hui hai ... sirf ek mujhe hi haq nahi hai? ... ki main kisi se pyar kar sakun, koi mujhse pyar kar sake ... kyun?



3.       Mohabbatein – The name itself is enough.
       
       Famous dialogue: Duniya mein kitni hai nafratein ... phir bhi dilon mein hai chahatein ... jao kehdo is jahan se, is zameen se, aasman se ... rok na sakenge ab yeh mohabbatein



4.       Aashiqui – This bollywood musical romance movie of 90’s tops every movie buff’s favorite list. Love, jealousy, hatred, success, failure, but then love wins everything else.

      Famous dialogue: Ab mujhe tumhe pyar karne se koi nahi rok sakta ... tum bhi nahi



5.       Qayamat se Qayamat Tak – One of the heart-touching romantic movies of our time. Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla make a wonderful chemistry onscreen and the songs make it worth remembering forever – ‘Ae mere humsafar’, ‘Gazab ka hai din’, ‘Akele hein to kya gum hai’…need I say more?

      Famous dialogue: Iss hi doobte hue suraj ne hum mein pehli baar milaya tha ... dekh lena, yahi doobta hua suraj hum mein ek din hamesha ke liye mila dega




6.       Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – An ideal romantic movie for teens. From start to end, the movie smells of love. A very predictable love triangle though, but aren’t we suckers for romance? And what is romance without a little sadness and lambi judai and a rocking comeback with an image makeover? Thank you Karan Johar.
      
      Famous dialogue: Kuch kuch hota hai Anjali, tum nahi samjhogi; Hum ek baar jeete hai, ek baar marte hai, shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai … aur pyar ek baar hi hota hai; Tussi ja rahe ho? … tussi na jao




7.       Veer-Zara – 3 cheers to Yash Chopra for the gooey, mushy, teary-eyed sentimental romantic movie. Gushing waterfalls, snow-clad mountains, rain and relentless wait for the beloved…if this isn’t love, what is? Veer-Zara is one of those movies that give all couples on the earth major relationship goal.

Famous dialogue: Woh kehte hai mera desh uska nahi, phir kyun mere ghar woh rehti hai ... woh kehte hai main us jaisa nahi, phir kyun mujh jaisi woh lagti hai




8.       Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam – A love triangle handled really well. And oh, Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai (real?) love cooking in the haveli. Of all the things, it’s the background score that wins over everything else.

Famous dialogue: Sameer, hawa ka jhoka




9.       Dilwalee Dulhaniya Le Jaenge – The romantic foray that is etched in the heart of Bollywood for ever and ever…the movie reinstates how love can melt even the toughest and hardest of hearts. Come, fall in love with Raj and Simran.

Famous dialogue: Ja Simran ja, jee le apni zindagi!




10.   Hum Aapke Hain Kaun - This recipe of this movie is Madhuri Dixit and Salman Khan, mixed with some crazy, classic songs and lotssss of dancing actors supporting our hero and heroine in the background. The casting is genuine and there’s somuch generosity behind the emotions of all the characters that we sip all the excessive sugar happily.

      Famous dialogue: Kyun ... hum aapke hain kaun?


Too sugary, or not? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding God

I have traveled through the city, Halfway and through; Praised the music, liked a places few. I enjoyed the weather, hated it too, Relived certain memories, cursed one or two. I did search for peace, searched for love, I searched for God, but it was tough. He hides, and I seek, He whispers and I shriek; He goes and I follow, He smiles when I’m hollow; He runs and I chase, As if an eternal race… I have NEVER got his way, neither yester nor today! So let’s do one thing now, I know not how true, You be my God for me, And I will be for you…

Sometimes in Life...

Sometimes I feel low, Sometimes I feel high. Sometimes the happiness is truth, and sometimes it is a lie. Sometimes I feel loved, sometimes I'm alone, Sometimes who hurts is a stranger, and sometimes it is a known. Sometimes the people are cheerful; sometimes the world is chaos, Sometimes they do care, and sometimes they lay-off. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it gets Okay, Sometimes I hide, and sometimes I convey. Sometimes I feel high, sometimes I feel low, These 'Sometimes' have passed, just a moment ago...

Sunday Depression

Friday is so bright, spreads cheer and smiles, I go home smiling wide, and plan the weekend’s aisle. Two days off from work, seems a heavenly bliss, No computer and emails, no ‘yes sir’, no deadlines miss! The sleep that day is peaceful, I see gardens in my dreams, And Saturday I enjoy, almost in my jeans. Go out, party, eat the snacks, and meet all my peers, ‘Coz soon the day would get over, and Monday would come near. Saturday night my sleep is disturbed, I see horrible nightmares, My system crashes, boss thrashes, and says, “How you dare!” Sunday morning I get wacky, stare clock all the time, My voice gets almost choked, and I start talking in mime. Evening gives me shivers, Oh its Monday coming again! All that work and emails, just make me go insane! Why comes Monday, why do we go to work? No more fun and music, and just work like a clerk? Monday morning gives me blues, I moan in the dawn, Say ‘Good Morning’ to colleagues, though my mouth yawns!