Red roses turn to Yellow poops, candle-light dinners change to cold lunch and late night movies give way to late night crankiness. This honest list shares 5 changes that a couple experience after they become parents. A warning for couples thinking to be parents, throwback for parents who have (un-graciously) crossed through this phase and an encouraging pat-on-the-back for recent parents:
1. No time for Partner – When you bring a baby into a relationship, you are bringing a lot more than tiny toes and soft wobbly hands. You are going on a 24*7 job that, in all probabilities, would leave you with little to no time for your partner. Sex, particularly, takes a nosedive. Off course, you both love each other still, but who has got the time to confess?
2. No Time for Sleep – There’s no such term as ‘sound-sleep’ in young parents’ dictionary. Heck, you can’t even guarantee an hour of uninterrupted sleep because it’s the baby who decides when and how much you sleep. Mostly, parents juggle between sleeping and taking care of the baby, so…goodbye sound sleep.
3. The ‘Me-time’ – Well wait, what’s that? Those 20 minutes of uninterrupted silence? Your favorite TV show on Star Plus? Or that half read book with bookmark dangling at the exact same page as 20 days ago? Well, sorry for being rude about it, but just forget it!
4. Priorities Change – The hard-hitting reality is that you would not be able make instant movie plans in a long time. Neither would you be able to spend 4 hours in a parlor for head and foot massage. It’s time you order Netflix subscription and watch your favorite movies at home and may be call that beautician at home.
5. Interests Change too – Now that you are contemplating Netflix and calling a beautician at home, in all probabilities you would rather switch on cartoon Network for Doremon and give your baby a coconut oil body massage.